THE WATER MILL
The mill-stream waters
divert from the main R.Avon half a mile upstream, at a point known as Wild
Weirs. The mill-stream rejoins the R.Avon a short distance below the mill.
The original site is mentioned in the Domesday Book. It is a very large building and an upper storey was added in 1878 for corn storage, using Thorney Hill bricks.
Now it is a restaurant, but the water still flows underneath the building.